What is Ramipril?
Ramipril is a medicine that belongs to a group called ACE inhibitors (Angiotensin Converting Enzyme inhibitors), used to treat high blood pressure and heart failure.
How does Ramipril work?
Ramipril works by relaxing the blood vessels, allowing blood to pass through them more easily. It also helps to make it easier for your heart to pump blood to all the parts of your body.
Optimisation Terms - Disregard:
|buy ramipril online uk||ramipril cost uk||ramipril online|
|cost of ramipril uk||how much does ramipril cost||buy ramipril online|
|ramipril price uk||buy ramipril||ramipril for sale|
|ramipril price||ramipril 5mg price||ramipril cost|
|ramipril online uk||cost of ramipril||ramipril uk|
|ramipril 5mg price uk||ramipril buy online||ramipril 5mg tablets|
|ramipril 2.5mg price||ramipril tablets 5mg||ramipril 5 mg price|
|ramipril 2.5 price||can i buy ramipril over the counter||ramipril over the counter|
|tritace uk||ramipril 2.5 mg||can you buy ramipril online|
|ramipril 10 mg price||buy ramipril 10 mg online||price of ramipril 5mg|
|ramipril 1.25mg price||ramipril 10 mg online purchase||ramipril 2.5 mg tablet|
|ramipril boots||rapamycin buy uk||buy prednisolone 5mg tablets uk|
|testogel vendita online||ramipril||ramapril|
|rampril||ramipril 10 mg||rampiril|
|ramopril||ramipril 10mg||buy ramipril uk|
|ramiprill||ramipril tablets||ramipril 5mg|
What are the benefits of taking Ramipril?
High blood pressure (also known as hypertension) or heart problems can be linked to a number of factors, such as a family history, a diet high in salt or being overweight or inactive.
In addition to some lifestyle changes (such as smoking and/or drinking less and exercising more), it’s often advised to take medication, such as Ramipril, to manage the conditions in order to prevent more serious ailments such as stroke, heart attack or blood clots.
How do I use Ramipril tablets?
Ramipril is a prescription-only medication. Follow the advice of your doctor and read the patient information leaflet provided in the medication packet.
Take the tablets by swallowing whole with a drink of water, with or without food. You should take it at the same time of day, in order to help you remember.
What is the correct dosage of Ramipril?
Ramipril contains the active ingredient ramipril, in strengths of either 1.25mg, 2.5mg, 5mg, or 10mg per tablet.
For high blood pressure, the usual starting dose is 1.25mg or 2.5mg taken once a day, however this may rise up to a daily maximum of 10mg over time, should your doctor think you need it. If you are using Ramipril for heart failure or other heart problems, then this dose will differ and you should always take the medication exactly as prescribed and check with your doctor if you’re unsure.
If you forget to take your Ramipril tablet then you should skip the forgotten dose and move straight onto the next one. Don’t worry but don’t double up on your dose to make up for a missed one.
If you take more Ramipril than you should, then go to your nearest doctor or emergency department immediately. Overdose can lead to low blood pressure, symptoms of which include feeling dizzy or faint.
What are the potential Ramipril side effects?
Before taking Ramipril, you should always first consult your doctor. You should not take Ramipril if any of the following apply to you:
- If you are allergic to ramipril, any other ACE inhibitor medicine or any of the other ingredients of this medicine
- If you have ever had a serious allergic reaction called “angioedema”
- If you are having dialysis or any other type of blood filtration
- If you have kidney problems where the blood supply to your kidney is reduced
- During the last 6 months of pregnancy
- If your blood pressure is abnormally low or unstable
- If you have diabetes or impaired kidney function and you are treated with a blood pressure lowering medicine containing aliskiren.
Your prescription of Ramipril may also be affected by a number of other factors, so you should make your doctor aware if any of the following apply:
- If you have heart, liver or kidney problems
- If you have lost a lot of body salts or fluids
- If you are going to have treatment to reduce your allergy to bee or wasp stings
- If you are going to receive an anaesthetic
- If you have high amounts of potassium in your blood
- If you are taking medicines or have conditions which may decrease sodium levels in your blood
- If you are taking medicines that may increase the risk of angioedema
- If you have a collagen vascular disease such as scleroderma or systemic lupus erythematosus
- If you think that you are (or might become) pregnant
Like many medications with active ingredients, Ramipril can affect or be affected by other medicines. Particular medications that you may experience this with include the following:
- Medicines used to relieve pain and inflammation
- Medicines used for the treatment of low blood pressure, shock, cardiac failure, asthma or allergies
- Sacubitril/valsartan – used for treating a type of long term heart failure
- Medicines for cancer (chemotherapy)
- Medicines to stop the rejection of organs after a transplant such as ciclosporin
- Diuretics (water tablets) such as furosemide
- Medicines which can increase the amount of potassium in your blood
- Steroid medicines for inflammation such as prednisolone
- Allopurinol (used to lower the uric acid in your blood)
- Procainamide (for heart rhythm problems)
- Temsirolimus (for cancer)
- Sirolimus, everolimus (for prevention of graft rejection)
- Vildagliptin (used for treating type 2 diabetes)
- Racecadotril (used against diarrhoea)
- Medicines for diabetes such as oral glucose lowering medicines and insulin
- Lithium (for mental health problems)
If you are taking any of the above medications, then you should make your doctor aware so that they can advise whether or not Ramipril will be the best course of action for you.
Like with all sufferers of high blood pressure or heart failure, you should pair your medication with some lifestyle changes such as eating healthily, exercising regularly and avoiding excessive smoking or drinking.
Alcohol has been proven to interfere with this medicine so you should avoid it (or at least cut down) while taking Ramipril, in order to avoid feeling dizzy or lightheaded. Your doctor may also perform regular blood pressure, kidney function and blood tests while on this medication.
The most common side effects of using Ramipril include:
- Headache or feeling tired
- Feeling dizzy
- Fainting, low blood pressure
- Dry tickly cough, inflammation of your sinuses
- Shortness of breath
- Stomach or gut pain, diarrhoea, indigestion, feeling or being sick
- Skin rash
- Chest pain
- Cramps or pain in your muscles
- More potassium than usual in your blood.
If you do experience one or more of these side effects and they persist or worsen, then inform your doctor right away. You should also contact your doctor if you notice any serious side effects.
Where can I buy Ramipril online?
You can safely buy Ramipril online at Meds for Less. You will first need to have an online consultation with a pharmacist independent prescriber before your order will be supplied. The online consultation will ensure that Ramipril is the right medication for your medical condition.